“…one of the primary secrets of Scriptural application is the kind of abandon which causes one who has discovered a truth to follow it to it’s logical outcome, even if the road be hard and the tangible rewards few.” Robert A. Traina
Six Seven Stage Process for Contextualization
- Determine the original surface message of the passage. (Exegesis)
- Identify the principle behind the teaching.
- Place it in the original situation (original context)
- Look for current parallel situations (analogous modern contexts)
- Apply either the original message or the principle behind it
- If it applies.
- Don’t make stuff up.